Monday 15 February 2016

Teddy in Progress


Teddy is still a work in progress, and writing this pattern is taking up so much time, that I have nothing else to write about. (But he has progressed a lot from Last Week.) As you can see Teddy No 1 is complete. My favourite bits of him are his head and ears, and his feet with their paw pads.  I love his little solemn face (I first of all made him with a big grin, but this was a bit spooky and had to be unpicked for this more serious fellow). The other thing that you really can't see from my photos, is that he has a slight hump, and a curved bottom.

But there are a few things not quite right, so as you can see Teddy No 2 is well on the way. Teddy 1's arms look a bit like he has been working out at the gym. So the next version is going to have thinner arms, a slightly more pronounced muzzle, and hopefully be a bit less hippy. Although I found it quite easy to buy toymaker joints on-line, these are really hard to put together. I haven't been able to do this yet (so my husband is my bear assembler), so you need to have someone with a bit of muscle to help. In fact Teddy No 1 looks like just the sort of chap you need.


19 comments:

  1. I love the Teddies. Weigh-lifter Teddy looks very cuddly. Teddy 2 presumably is more of a long distance runner than a gym goer. Great work Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww teddy 1 is great, I love his feet and I'm sure he can give the best bear hugs ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Teddy 1 looks fantastic, he is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very cute:) Hope you find someone with muscle soon!! Its frustrating when you are stalled in a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband is helping out with the putting together. You made me notice I had misspelled muscle above - put it right, but embarrassing when I work in a school.

      Delete
  5. Oh I love your Teddy number 1! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't believe how much you advanced on the bear! It turned out so cute! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, teddy number one is gorgeous - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teddy 1 looks wonderfully cuddly - he does look like he's give a proper bear hug! I'm relieved to see that Eric the bear has been relieved of modelling duties too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that was the SAME LOOK I had on MY face today when I first looked outside at the foot & a half of SNOW that had been falling since the wee hours!! And was still coming down... [I was shovelling for 5 hrs!!] -- BTW, the arms are fine. Have you ever seen a BEAR? - If anyone asks about the Muscular Arms, just tell Them He eats a lot of salmon! And call Him "POPEYE"!
    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  11. It`s so lovely ¡ I wish I can make any pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that? I don't mind the beefy arms! LOL He's quite sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cute cute! I love the teddies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look good...I commend you, I could never write patterns....can't wait to see Teddy 2

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look cute, you're so clever at creating patterns I wouldn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute!! Well done he looks very cuddly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's so lovely! I might be coming up for (ahem!) thirty-eleven but I just want to cuddle him!

    ReplyDelete