Sunday 15 November 2015

Red Fox


I'm a bit short of woolly stuff this week, so thought you might like to see my daughter's latest make from school art club. Isn't he cute? He is just made from paper and masking tape, with acrylic paint. He sits on my sewing table, and might be giving me idea for a new knit. I'm not sure you would even call him paper mache, as he is just really scrunched up paper and a lot of tape.
 

He reminds me of Pablo the Red Fox, which was a beautiful children's animation I used to watch with my son when he was little. Does anyone remember it? It was based on a book by Hannah Giffard Red Fox. I bought a secondhand copy of this from the discard shelf in our library, which despite being very tatty, I keep. The illustrations are so simple and beautiful.





Other news that is that I decided to reopen my Folksy Shop. I very briefly had a shop on Folksy a few years ago, which hardly got looked at and sold nothing so I just didn't renew any of the listings. 

But Folksy have a special offer this weekend, that you can list 20 items free of charge, so I thought I would give it another try. I have put my 20 best selling patterns in.

At the moment my shop is not getting many views, and I wonder if it is a bit like Etsy, where until I got a few sales it was very slow. It also looks to the casual visitor like I have had the shop a very long time with no sales, which is probably off-putting. Or perhaps Folksy is just more of a place to sell crafted items, and not patterns. I thought that at first with Etsy, and now do fairly well there with patterns and knitted items. If you have any experience of selling on Folksy good or bad, especially of selling patterns, I would love to here about it. And if you have your own shop (or fancy opening one) now is the time to restock, as the offer only runs until the end of the day. (Just thought I should add that Folksy at present is only open to sellers in the UK.)

 

16 comments:

  1. fantastic, love it! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that fox he is soo cute ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Fox has so much character, he's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox is adorable--so much character! Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foxy is lovely, well done to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to add, I'll pop over and see your Folksy and Etsy stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh isn't he cute - he reminds me of the fox in The Gruffalo - I can't wait to see what he inspires you to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this adorable fox at Crafty Weekends!! I am featuring him this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fox is just bea-u-ti-ful!
    I've never sold on Folksy, only bought. The same with Etsy, if I'm looking for something I usually check out both, so I'm afraid I have no idea how they work. I assume they have some sort of algorithm on what they show visitors first. I'll have a look at your page, maybe page views will help?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Foxsy is adorable! Your daughter has inherited your artistic talent! Ive just finished a crochet fox who's a little bit like the gruffalo fox. It would be nice to see if you knit one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful craft idea. I can't believe it's only scrunched up paper. Really nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very 'on trend' the little fox! She's obviously going to follow you crafting wise. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT Job!! Love it!
    She should try her hand at doing some Sheep... And sticking on any woolly bits that you might have lying about. She could build up a little "herd" and give Mum some competition on FOLKSY!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fox is so well made.

    Selling is hard I am going to give Etsy a try again, mainly because of getting published in a US magazine, thought with the links may do better. also trying Dawanda again. Must admit these selling sites are a mystery to me as are fairs as not sure what people are looking for. good luck and let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww isn't he just adorable! I bet having him on your desk makes you smile :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's gorgeous, please pass on my congratulations to your daughter. Good luck with your Folksy store too.

    ReplyDelete