Tuesday 26 June 2012

Slouchie Cherry Beret III

Finally I have finished my Cherry Beret pattern. This is my third version, and I think I am at last happy. It is more or less the same as version two, with a few alterations, but this time in moss stitch. It is a bit more of a slouchie now.











This pattern has been much harder work that my little critters, which just seem to fly off the needles first time without any need for a rethink or reknit.

Thank you to my model, who is one of my colleagues from school. Can you see why the children love her? We dashed outside in the lunch break.




The pattern is available on Ravelry. It does not include instructions for the cherries and leaf, as I did not really see what I could add to the several really great cherry patterns that are already available free online. Perhaps people would prefer a tassel or flower.

Click Here to Link to Ravelry







11 comments:

  1. I love the cherries, they make the hat. Well done on getting the pattern right. Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hat! love the cherries on the top! Just found you through My creative space - and those crocheted (or knitted) bugs in the sidebar are adorable! I'm off to see some more!! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherries and the leaf are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab beret and I love the colours. Must've taken a while using Moss stitch, lovely work.

    Nice of your colleague to model it for you too.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cherries do add just the right touch. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever ~ especially the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm impressed, it looks fab & super chic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your beret a lot! And the cherries too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that beret - the pattern looks awesome and I love the cherries to top it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beret is too cute! I am a sucker for slouch hats and berets. I many have to add that pattern to my must knit list.

    ReplyDelete