Saturday 5 May 2018

Spring Flowers - Apple Blossom Baby Shoes


So many Spring flowers seem to be appearing. I love this season, but you have to make the most of it, as with some of the flowers they are here for a week or two and then they are gone. So I have been out with my camera, and then using the ideas for some inspiration for embroidery on some new baby shoes for my shop.

These shoes were inspired by Apple Blossom, but also by this lovely blue wool that I found in my stash. I love it when wool changes shade, and for these I was careful to get the colour change to match in both shoes. The pattern is my Baby Bee Shoe pattern. It is a fairly easy knit, but I love to make them individual with a bit of embroidery. These shoes are heading for my Etsy Shop, although first I will make a little drawstring bag for them. I have some more flower-inspired shoes and photographs on the way.


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that my Ginx Woolly Linx party for May is now running. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

6 comments:

  1. wat een schattige slofjes met die bloesemtak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, these shoes are lovely!!!
    Thank you for your comment in my blog. I’ve added my work in the Woolly Linx Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful. I love all the blossom around at the moment , these are perfect for a spring baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful detail turns a simple shoe into something extra special. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete