Monday 21 May 2018

Bridesmaid Dress


I made this post a few weeks ago, and some how forgot to post it. We have all gone a bit wedding mad here in the UK, so it seems like the right time.

I read a very interesting post on Sum of Their Stoires, about sewing with vintage patterns. One of the patterns looked familiar to me, so I had a look through the old patterns I have in my sewing box. I was mistaken, as it was not quite the same pattern, but clearly from the same series. 

And since my sister and I have been sorting through the family photos, I thought you might like to see me in the bridesmaid dress. I was bridesmaid for my cousin. I also still have the dress hung up in a wardrobe, and my daughter wore it for a while when she was the right size. 

I think I might be giving away the fact that I am a bit of a hoarder!



https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that my Ginx Woolly Linx party for May is still running. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

4 comments:

  1. Ah too cute for words! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Those old patterns are treasures, you should definitely hold on to them.
    Thank you for joining The Really Crafty Link Party, and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those old patterns. My mom used Simplicity and Butterick. Later she got fancy with Vogue patterns. The dress is adorable!

    Here are MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOTS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, and yes it is so similar. Same price too 3/6 ! It just doesn't date though does it? Still perfect for a little bridesmaid today.

    ReplyDelete