Thursday 19 December 2013

Pohutukawa


I promised one more fairy, and here she is. She is called Pohutukawa, and is for my friend from New Zealand. My friend is not going home to New Zealand this year, so I am hoping she will remind her of home (in a good way) and not make her too sad.


She is the fairy of the pohutukawa tree (Metrosideros excelsa), which is known as the New Zealand Christmas tree. I had a lot of fun researching the flowers of New Zealand, before discovering her. She lives in this little red velvet bag.





11 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! You really make the most amazing wee things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous. Definitely looks Pohutukawa like

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fairy is gorgeous and I love the story behind your project, I'm sure your friend will love her, so special:)
    Thanks for sharing on Creative Friday today Ginny.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great tiny pretty one:) and I love her hat, I think it's great. A lovely present for your fried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so pretty! I also like the picture of the pretty flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, your fairie does capture the spirit of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg how cute!!!!! fantastic fairy well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It´s a lovely fairy! Thanks for your visit and comment! Have a Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet gift for your friend. I hope she loves it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did your friend like her fairy? What a lovely idea to give her something that represents her homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fairies are all beautiful, what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete